ADSM-L

TSM Windows Client 4.2.2.0

2002-06-28 05:18:16
Subject: TSM Windows Client 4.2.2.0
From: Rainer Holzinger <Rainer.Holzinger AT UPM-KYMMENE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:16:39 +0200
Hi all,

I'm currently about installing the first Windows clients (Win NT as well as
Win 2000) at my TSM installation. The version I'm installing is 4.2.2.0.
Four Windows machines are doing their backups with TSM now (formerly the
Windows gang did it with ARcServe). The rollout for the other 34 Windows
machines will be within the next two weeks.
The is one requirement from the Windows people here I couldn't realize
until now. They want to use a domain user running the TSM Central Scheduler
Serverice on each local machine. If I do so it isn't possible to start the
TSM Central Scheduler Service. There are two error's recorded within the
Windows eventlog.

1.) Error Opening Registry Path 'SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TSM
Central Scheduler Service"
2.) TSM Central Scheduler Service terminated abnormally: Error Opening
Registry Parameters

If I define a local windows user with the same group entries and user
rights there's no problem.

Is someone of you all doing what my Windows guys are asking for? Any idea
what I'm doing wrong?

regards
Rainer