ADSM-L

Passwordaccess generate failing

2002-06-27 11:01:23
Subject: Passwordaccess generate failing
From: "Luscombe John (HS)" <John.Luscombe AT CONCORDIA DOT CH>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:59:38 +0200
Hi listers,

You'll have to forgive me, I'm a bit of a TSM novice.

We have TSM 4.2.something running under AIX. Our DB2 guy had a problem
moving a table from one client node to another. He did some reading that
suggested changing the password at the server to a known value, and
switching off passwordaccess generate at the client. I did this, no
problems, he was able to restore his tables.

The problem now is, how do I get it back to the way it was before? I've done
some reading through archives, but must be missing something.

When I have passwordaccess prompt, I can do a dsmc sched, and enter the
userid and password as set on the server, no problems. But as soon as I
switch on access generate and do a dsmc sched and enter the userid, then it
bombs immediately. I'm guessing what's happening is that the client is
sending the encrypted password back to the server which of course doesn't
match. But how do I get them back in sync.

Thanks for your help

Frustrated beginner.