ADSM-L

Re: client auth failure: password issue..

2002-06-26 19:23:03
Subject: Re: client auth failure: password issue..
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:17:41 +1000
I'm getting something similar.

The environment is Veritas cluster in which nodes keep moving from one machine
to another. Everything worked fine at client level 3.7, but at 4.2.1.0 and
4.2.1.28 (server is 4.2.1.8) I keep getting these errors.  My nodes are
password generate with a long password expiry period.

What I'm thinking is that the password for the *administrative user* for the
node is expiring, but I haven't yet been able to sit down for long enough to
figure out some tests to prove or disprove this.

Ideas are welcome.

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin
Queensland Health, Brisbane Australia

>>> KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM 27/06/2002 6:43:19 >>>
I just ran into something similar on TSM server 4.2.1.13 and haven't opened
a PMR on it yet -- my admin password expired, and I got the authentication
failure message. No word about 'password expired', and NO option to enter a
new one. Maybe your client password has expired? Try q node <nodename> and
see how many days it's been since the password has been changed.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc

This e-mail, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential
and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality
is not waived or lost if you receive it and you are not the intended
recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/ received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review
of this e-mail is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of
confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this
e-mail in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by
telephone or by return e-mail.  You should also delete this e-mail
message and destroy any hard copies produced.