ADSM-L

Re: Correct Include Statement for DSM.OPT?

2002-06-25 14:23:28
Subject: Re: Correct Include Statement for DSM.OPT?
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:20:42 -0500
FYI,

This one did the trick.  Tx everyone.

Include "G:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Backup\spv1\...\*"
MGMTCLASS

Sung Y. Lee
E-mail sunglee AT us.ibm DOT com

                      "Talafous, John
                      G."                      To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      <Talafous@TIMKEN.        cc:
                      COM>                     Subject:  Re: Correct Include
Statement for DSM.OPT?
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      06/24/2002 12:59
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Keeping it simple, just remember that any time your include/exclude
statement has white spaces (the space character) as in 'Microsoft SQL
Server' you must use quotation marks around the entire object
specification.
Looking in the Tivoli Storage Manager for Windows Using the Backup-Archive
Client manual, I see no reference to this situation. Regardless, I have
found using the double quote character works well. So, I vote for your
second example on Windows2000:

Include "G:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Backup\spv1\...\*"
MGMTCLASS

It is on older OS's like Win95/98 that you would need to use notation like
Progra~1 for Program Files. Win2000 handles long file names well.

John G. Talafous              IS Technical Principal
The Timken Company            Global Software Support
P.O. Box 6927                 Data Management
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.         Phone: (330)-471-3390
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927  Fax  : (330)-471-4034
talafous AT timken DOT com           http://www.timken.com