ADSM-L

Re: 3583 with SDG, Windows 2000 and Qlogic 2200 adapters

2002-06-25 07:02:57
Subject: Re: 3583 with SDG, Windows 2000 and Qlogic 2200 adapters
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:52:45 +0300
Gianluca,

unfortunately IBM LTO drives *have* to be installed and used through IBM
SSG drivers not by using adsmscsi.sys driver. Thus for FC-attached 3583
the best you can do is what John already have done - use changer through
TSM-driver and drives through Windows (RSM) driver.
I would be more than happy if opposite was true because there will be no
room for Tivoli Flash 2.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

P.S. I've tried to sqeeze this to happen in a "unsupported" configuration
for a customer three weeks ago but desperately failed. No chance to deal
with drives through adsmscsi.sys.

Zlatko