ADSM-L

Adding a second library

2002-06-24 23:18:34
Subject: Adding a second library
From: "Stephen A. Cochran" <stephen.a.cochran.lists AT CAHIR DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 23:02:23 -0400
I've added a second 7337 library to our ADSM system (15 DLT robot with 2
drives). I've got the system seeing the library, and I have a new
devclass defined with the new library.

What I would like to do is have two of our stgpools (AFS_TAPE_POOL and
COPYPOOL) we have defined use this new library, with the others staying
in the original library. I can't change the devclass on a stgpool with
the update stgpool command, so I'd have to create a new stgpool.

What's the best way to get the data in the old stgpool out of that pool
into the new pool? Should I just set NEXTpool to point to the new pool
and set the migration level to 0%? Then when all the data is moved out
of the original pool delete the pool? (This would give the added benefit
of reclaiming all wasted tape space at the same time....)

Steve Cochran
Dartmouth College