ADSM-L

LAN-Free backup: TSM server mounts tape in not-mapped drives

2002-06-21 04:41:37
Subject: LAN-Free backup: TSM server mounts tape in not-mapped drives
From: Jörg Nouvertné <joerg.nouvertne AT WTAL DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:39:40 +0200
Hello,

we have a SAN environment with an IBM3584 library (6 SCSI LTO drives, 4 FC
LTO drives), running TSM 4.2.2.5, SA 4.2.2.5 and BA 4.2.2.1 for AIX with
drive mapping to the 2 FC drives. After bypassing all problems with the IBM
documentation (wrong parameters, wrong ports, etc.), I got the LAN free
backup working. But there is one thing, that anoys me: When the storage
agent requests a tape from the TSM server, the latter starts to mount the
requested tape regarding the internal drive usage table also into the SCSI
attached drives, which have no drive mapping, and the SA claims, that this
drive is not defined to this server (ANR8940E). This causes some
transactions to fail due to the delay (storage media inaccessible).

Anyone, who can help me with this?

Best regards,

Jörg Nouvertné
http://home.wtal.de/the_swordsman/