ADSM-L

RE: Réf. : Re: NSM Upgrade Experience

2002-06-20 18:22:21
Subject: RE: Réf. : Re: NSM Upgrade Experience
From: "Jolliff, Dale" <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:20:13 -0500
I would wait if I had it to do over again and get the DB cleared up prior to
upgrade.
I do have it on fairly good authority that 4.2.2.6 will be out Real Soon
Now.

The corruption we have is something to do with the backups table (or at
least whatever keeps track of the backups) we can see some nodes filesystems
in occupancy, but not filespaces, and some the other way round.   We also
have huge amounts of duplicate archive directories from nodes that insist on
archiving zillions of files, one file at a time. Most of these nodes all ran
the 3.1.x series of clients at one point or another which is where most of
the duplicates came from.
The DB is over 76GB at 90% capacity (and we are out of disk - tomorrow, we
start breaking mirrors), and takes over 3 hours to do a db backup on a
*really* good day.

I would like to do a db audit, but I'm barely keeping ahead of the lynch mob
as it is ;)