ADSM-L

Re: DSMSERV DUMPDB , LOADDB and AUDITDB

2002-06-20 04:59:29
Subject: Re: DSMSERV DUMPDB , LOADDB and AUDITDB
From: Beat Largo <beat.largo AT ZURICH DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:55:07 +0200
Hi

Maybe you don't know but there is the possibility to audit just a part of
the db. I did the following audits on our 33 GB TSM-DB:

/dsmserv auditdb fix=yes admin detail=yes logmode=normal (it took 1min on
our testserver with the 33 GB DB)

/dsmserv auditdb fix=yes archstorage detail=yes logmode=normal (it took 1h
40min on the testserver)

dsmserv auditdb fix=yes diskstorage detail=yes logmode=normal (it took
18min on the testserver)

/dsmserv auditdb fix=yes inventory detail=yes logmode=normal (it took 10h
on the testserver)

With these audits I could correct all the internal server errors which
occured more and more often during a certain period.

On the production server it took just half the time for the same db. So it
depends much on your server (processors and memory).

Regards,

Beat Largo

Zurich Switzerland
IT SC - Shared Service Center
Storage Management, IFS
Unterrohrstr. 5
Postfach
8952 Schlieren
Phone: +4116258214 / Fax +4116258061
mailto:beat.largo AT zurich DOT com
homepage:http://www.zurich.com

                      "Ramnarayan,
                      Sean A [EDS]"            To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                      <SARamnarayan@CA         cc:
                      LTEX.COM>                Subject: DSMSERV DUMPDB , LOADDB
and AUDITDB
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      T.EDU>

                      18.06.2002 11:29
                      Please respond
                      to "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

Hi

I need to do a DUMPDB , LOADDB and AUDITDB of our TSM database.
I have currently done the DUMPDB and LOADDB and this process took about 13
Hours to complete.

Total db before DUMPDB : 23 GB
Total db after   Dumpdb and Loaddb : 12 GB

After the Loaddb was completed it requesting to have an AUDITDB done before
bringing up the
TSM server.

I would like to know how long it would take to do AUDITDB with a fix=yes
and detail=no after the database has
been reduced by nearly half the size ?

Has anyone done this before or is there another way of doing the above as
our database is in an inconsistent state?

We are running our TSM server on AIX 4.3.3 and the server is attached to
the SP (WinterHawk2 Wide Node).
The storage is attached to the Shark.

Thks

Sean Ramnarayan
TSM/UNIX Administrator
EDS ( South Africa)

"MMS <caltex.com>" made the following
 annotations on 06/18/2002 11:29:09 AM
DISCLAIMER
DISCLAIMER
This message may contain confidential information that is legally
privileged and is intended only  for the use of the parties to whom it is
addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any information in
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message. Thank
you.