ADSM-L

Switching from an AIX server to a Windows 2000 server.

2002-06-19 16:23:29
Subject: Switching from an AIX server to a Windows 2000 server.
From: Donald Coleman <coleman AT POST.QUEENSU DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:21:38 -0400
We are currently investigating the possibility of moving our server from an
AIX box to a Windows NT/2000 platform.

There is currently 450 GB of data backed up on 2 8mm tape libraries.

Can this move be accomplished by doing a DSMSERV UNLOADDB on the AIX
machine, moving the libraries to the new Windows machine, and then
running  DSMSERV LOADFORMAT and DSMSERV LOADDB on the Windows server?

   Don Coleman,
   Queen's University Information Technology Services
   Kingston, Ont. Canada  K7L 3N6
   Tel: (613) 533-2034  Fax: (613) 533-2168
   Email: Coleman AT Post.QueensU DOT CA