ADSM-L

Re: Another TSM mystery...

2002-06-18 22:21:42
Subject: Re: Another TSM mystery...
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:19:55 -0400
Is "passwordaccess generate" in the dsm.sys (or dsm.opt if NT) for this
client?  If so, it may be a known problem that's been discussed here
before... the client and server will generate a new password periodically,
and it is kept encrypted in a file on the client.  Occasionally, the
generated password will start with a hex '00', which causes that behavior.
I'm not sure if it must start with '00', or only contain it, and I'm not
sure if it's the encrypted or un-encrypted form that contains the '00'...
but we have had this happen, and had to reset the password at the server,
then manually run a client session and answer the password prompt with the
new password...

HTH
Robin Sharpe
Berlex Labs

                    "Hunley, Ike"
                    <Ike.Hunley@B
                    CBSFL.COM>    To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                  cc:    (bcc: Robin Sharpe/WA/USR/SHG)
                    06/17/02      Subject:
                    05:05 PM             Another TSM mystery...
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

The TSM server received this message 2 weeks ago, last week and today....
ANR0424W Session 39912 for node HOC0843P12 (TDP Infmx AIX42) refused -
invalid
ANR0424W password submitted.

Each time we reset the password, issuing

     UPD NODE nodename pswd PASSEXP=0

which should make this a non- expiring password.

How does a perfectly good password, suddenly invalid(no one made changes
they cared to admit to...)?
What would make a non-expired password expire?

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and
affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this
e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect
the views of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.