ADSM-L

Re: DB backups

2002-06-18 14:35:22
Subject: Re: DB backups
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:33:27 -0400
Hi Mark,

We kept hitting the 5 GB limit on TSM 3.7, even with a couple of
incrementals per day.
But we had issues with the amount of I/O activity and I/O waits, even when
we got the ability to go past 5 GB.
And my AIX guy says we don't have any more slots available for I/O
adapters/buses to spread the I/O any more.  As a result, for this server we
had to give up ROLLFORWARD mode, which I don't like at all.

We're trying to decide what to do about upgrading this box.  With a faster
one, I will go back to ROLLFORWARD with a DBBACKUP trigger for incrementals.