ADSM-L

Re: ANExxxx messages on MVS

2002-06-17 17:01:29
Subject: Re: ANExxxx messages on MVS
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:59:41 -0400
David - do the queries below to see where client messages are enabled.
Also review in the admin ref the commands 'enable', 'disable events','query
enabled'.

tsm: >q enabled console
9,995 server events are enabled for the CONSOLE receiver.
The following server events are DISABLED for the CONSOLE receiver:

  ANR0405, ANR0407, ANR2121, ANR2578, ANR4391

tsm: >q enabled actlog
All server events are ENABLED for the ACTLOG receiver.

tsm: >q enabled console node=abc1234
All client events are DISABLED for node ABC1234 for the CONSOLE receiver.

tsm: >q enabled actlog  node=abc1234
All client events are ENABLED for node ABC1234 for the ACTLOG receiver.

Bill

At 11:05 AM 6/17/2002, you wrote:
>We are running TSM 4.2.1.9 on MVS (OS390 2.10).  Last Thursday we
>started getting a lot of ANExxxxE messages on the MVS console.  These
>got noticed because they are non-scrollable!  A select against the
>actlog shows ANExxxxE messages in the activity log as far back as the
>log goes.  Any ideas as to what might have caused these messages to
>start showing up on the console?
>
>David Ehresman

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell