ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.1 and SQL Backtrack

2002-06-17 05:54:01
Subject: Re: TSM 5.1 and SQL Backtrack
From: "Peter Pijpelink - P.L.C.S. BV Storage Consultants" <tsm AT PLCS DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:50:36 +0200
Hi I spoke to my contact at BMC development and the situation is as follows:

You can install the BA client as version 5 for making filesystem backups etc...
You *must* use the api version 4 (tsm) to have SQL BT working at this
moment. The problem is that the OBSI module is not compatible with version
TSM 5. The new version OBT 3.4 is almost ready and should be working with
TSM 5.
Look at www.bmc.com for the supported tsm api version 4.

good luck

Peter