ADSM-L

Re: hardware questions before I buy : revised.

2002-06-17 04:15:25
Subject: Re: hardware questions before I buy : revised.
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:13:21 +0300
Why do you need 12 slot I/O station for 18 slot lib?!? This would be waste
of 3500 USD.
If there would excessive checkins/checkouts better plan additional storage
columns.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Hi All,
For me to plan TSM solution for my company which is having 60GB to start
with (im not an expert in planning hardware requirement) .But still i am
insistead to go for planning TSM solution. I assume the following
configuration for implementing TSM solution. Please correct me if i have
proposed any thing extra. I also would like to know, whether or not
'magazine' is required if i am implemeting TSM solution at only onsite.

3583-L18 Ultrium Scalable Tape Library                         1
     5305 5m HD68 to HD68 SCSI Cable                            1
     8001 One Data Cartridge
6
     8002 One Cleaning Cartridge                                         1
     8003 LTO Ultrium LVD Drive Sled                                2
     8012 12-Cartridge I/O Station 1
     8013 6-Cartridge Magazine 1
     9600 Attached to pSeries, RS/6000                            1
     9833 2.7m Power Cord 250V, 15A - U.S./Canada   1

Is the above ok to start with.
Regards,
Sreekumar P.Pothula
Strategic Outsourcing
IBM Global Services
Notes ID : 9pothula AT sg.ibm DOT com , Voice : Office  : (65)  6840 2637
                                                                   Mobile
:
(65)  9271 0345

----- Forwarded by Pothula S Paparao/Singapore/Contr/IBM on 06/17/2002
11:47 -----
11:47 -----

                      TAZ
                      <switchback60@HOT        To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      MAIL.COM>                cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: hardware
questions before I buy
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      06/17/2002 07:33
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Jeff,

All the IBM equipment checks out fine.

However, I could not find out a great deal on Exadrive. They appear to be
small
private company, and, you don't have to supply much in the way of
financials
if your a closely held company.

Sam.