ADSM-L

Re: Keeping an handle on client systems' large drives

2002-06-14 16:41:36
Subject: Re: Keeping an handle on client systems' large drives
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:21:56 -0500
And .rm is a real media file (audio or audio/visual).

Don't forget .avi, mp2, mpg, and m2p. These are all video files. Well - .mp2
is the old MPEG-1 layer 2 audio, replaced by .mp3 (MPEG-1 layer 3) but
somebody's video capture hardware/software is using .mp2 for MPEG-2 video.
Microsoft uses .m2p as the MPEG-2 video for windows media player.

Anyway - these can get quite large and you probably want to back up only the
ones created by your marketing/advertising group.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc