ADSM-L

Re: primary volumes to backup volumes.

2002-06-12 23:45:15
Subject: Re: primary volumes to backup volumes.
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:43:28 -0400
There is no exact 1 <--> 1 mapping between copy storage pool volumes and
primary storage pool volumes. The data needed to restore a single primary
pool volume could reside on one or more copy storage pool volumes, and a
copy storage pool volume could contain data for more than one primary
storage pool volume.

To find out what copy storage pool volumes are used to back up a primary
storage pool volume, you can run RESTORE VOLUME with PREVIEW=YES for the
primary storage pool volume.

Off-hand, I can't think of any way to find out what primary pool volumes
are backed up by a particular copy storage pool volume.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
06/12/2002 18:21