ADSM-L

Re: NDS Backup Question

2002-06-12 20:07:45
Subject: Re: NDS Backup Question
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:05:44 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Cory Heikel
> We are experiencing a problem backing up the nds on our netware
> servers. It is a known problem, novell claims it is working as
> designed, and suggest that we exclude the license objects from
> the backup (see below). I have tried several ways to exclude
> these objects but have not been successful. Anyone know how to do it?

It's nothing to worry about. If you're in a position where you have to
restore the license objects, you're going to reinstall the software they
came from anyway? The error messages will show up, but do not affect the
backup of other files.

Don't waste cycles on it.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer