ADSM-L

3590 pricing (used)

2002-06-12 17:08:18
Subject: 3590 pricing (used)
From: Steve Schaub <Steve.Schaub AT HAWORTH DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:06:10 -0400
Has anyone purchased used 3590 equipment recently and would be willing to share
a reasonable ballpark dollar amount?  We are running out of room in our 3494
and would like to start converting our S/390 over from 3490 to 3590.  What
would be a good price for an A60 controller and four 3590E1A or B1a (escon)
drives?

Alternately, if I sacrificed my 4) 3590E1A drives from TSM to the Mainframe and
bought a separate library for TSM, what would it take to replace what I have
(277-J, 218-K of which 119-K are offsite)?

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer
Haworth, Inc
Steve.Schaub AT Haworth DOT com

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large