ADSM-L

AW: pst files

2002-06-12 04:32:06
Subject: AW: pst files
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:27:44 +0200
Hi ,

we backup from snapshosts on our Netapp-filer, therefore I do not see any
errors in dsmsched.log.
But i have the possibility to see at the filer console what files are locked
and what kind of lock is made.
There are about 3000 Outlookusers in our environment, but we have only about
400 pst -files locked.
I think the difference comes from inactivity and a "auto-close-feature".
The problem we had was a remote NT fileserver for about 100 Users and all
with large pst files (100MB - 1GB).
The incremental volume was around 5-6 GByte per night over a 2MBit line.
Since we changed to subfilebackup (only for *.pst) we dropped to 1 GByte per
night.

With Regards,
Stefan Holzwarth