ADSM-L

TDP for Domino URGENT!!!!!!!!

2002-06-07 01:05:44
Subject: TDP for Domino URGENT!!!!!!!!
From: Anton Gubarkov <Anton.Gubarkov AT SONY DOT RU>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 09:03:31 +0400
Hello, Rafael.

Although I have the TDP Domino on NT, I believe I can offer some
suggestions.

Please inspect transaction logging mode of your domino server. If it is
circular - your incremental backup will pick up all changed databases.
(Virtually all databases because of changed indices.). If the logging mode
is archival - incremental backup is done only when DBID is changed: fixup,
compact, newly created DB etc.

So judging from your data you have archival logging. I do selective only
once a week and incremental daily to backup new and fixed databases. All
the time during the week I archive logs every 10 minutes.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Anton Gubarkov.
IT Manager
SONY CIS
Tel. +7 095 258 7626
Fax +7 095 258 7650
My certificate can be obtained at ldap://koi8.sony.ru
С уважением,
Антон Викторович Губарьков
Начальник отдела АСУ
ЗАО СОНИ СНГ
Тел. +7 095 258 7626
Факс. +7 095 258 7650
Мой X.509 сертификат можно получить на ldap://koi8.sony.ru