ADSM-L

Storage Agent and TSM policy set

2002-06-06 09:49:25
Subject: Storage Agent and TSM policy set
From: Davide Giacomazzi <davide.giacomazzi AT ARCAVITA DOT IT>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:33:34 +0200
Hi everybody; I'm running TSM server on Win2K and TSM storage agent on AIX
4.3.3, both updated to release 4.2.1.11.

The storage agent starts in quiet mode at boot time, but once a week I have
to save production data onto a pool for a caveau site.

The problem is that I use a management class called "CAVEAUCLASS" referred
by a pool called "CAVEAUPOOL" (into which the copy destination is set to a
storage pool called CAVPmmddaa) and that I have to stop and start the
storage agent once per week.

Is there a way to update the policy set on the storage agent automatically ?

Thanks in advance,

Davide Giacomazzi
Gruppo Assicurativo Arca - Verona