ADSM-L

Tsm client 5.1 fails to restore tsm 4.1 client backups ??

2002-06-05 11:15:07
Subject: Tsm client 5.1 fails to restore tsm 4.1 client backups ??
From: Keith Kwiatek <kkwiatek AT NIST DOT GOV>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 11:07:27 -0400
Hello,

Have a win98 client machine that had a hard disk failure. It was running TSM
4.1, so I install the new disk, and OS, and then install Tsm 5.1... but when
I try to restore with the 5.1 client, it restores about 10,000 files and
then consistently throws a generic application error and dies!

When I install the 4.2.1 client and do a restore, it works fine......

I don't know if this is yet another case of TSM bugs, but these TSM clients
sure have been pretty buggy lately....

Keith