ADSM-L

Re: BEST WAY to MIGRATE TO NEW DEVICE CLASS

2002-06-03 11:28:41
Subject: Re: BEST WAY to MIGRATE TO NEW DEVICE CLASS
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:27:02 -0400
        What I am trying to accomplish is changing the COPYPOOL to use the
same DEVICECLASS as the TAPEPOOL.  Right now they are using the same tape
drives but different device classes so that the high level qualifiers were
different.  On our z/OS system we use CA-1 for tape management.  The easiest
and most consistent way to handle tape vaulting and all the associated
reports that go with it, was to use high level qualifiers, (as is the case
with the rest of the products on the mainframe).   Doing that rendered TSM
priority handling useless.  I know I can now use some additional work keying
on when I am telling TSM what tapes to mark OFFSTE to also tell CA-1 to give
those tapes an OUTCODE and OUTDATE.  This will drive the vault handling
properly for CA-1.  I never thought I wouldn't be able to migrate to this
new setup in an orderly fashion.
     Matt