ADSM-L

Re: BACKUP to TAPE, PERFORMANCE

2002-05-29 11:57:25
Subject: Re: BACKUP to TAPE, PERFORMANCE
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:55:39 -0700
Correct my math if I'm wrong, but doesn't that work out to be
almost 15 MB/sec ? ( 52 * 1024 / 60^2 == 14.79 MB/s ). Seems to
me that that's pretty great performance, given that the
advertised uncompressed drive rate of a 3590 is 14MB/s.

What is the indication to you that this is "very slow"?

 -- Tom

Thomas A. La Porte, DreamWorks SKG
<mailto:tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>