ADSM-L

Raw Logical Volumes Mystery

2002-05-29 11:23:51
Subject: Raw Logical Volumes Mystery
From: Maura Adams <adamsmu AT BC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 11:10:59 -0400
Hi folks,

As part of our TSM installation process (almost two years ago) we set up raw
logical volumes for our backup disk pool and archive disk pool.  Two weeks ago
we installed fiber optic connections to our IBM Shark and everything looked
okay after the outage.  An hour later we lost our TSM database and had to
restore the database to the point in time immediately before the outage.
Yesterday we wanted to increase our disk storage space and in the process
noticed that our once defined raw logical volumes had mysteriously changed to
jfs type??????  Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know what might
have happened to us.  Very strange.

best regards,
Maura Adams