ADSM-L

Re: Expire inventory (or audit license) hangs migrations and back ups

2002-05-29 00:52:44
Subject: Re: Expire inventory (or audit license) hangs migrations and back ups
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 23:50:42 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On
Behalf Of Jane Bamberger
> I had that problem with expiration - my mail server kept pinning the
> process - When it finally ran to completion it took 4-5 days, and expired
> 16M files.

Which goes to show that you simply *must* run a complete expiration on a
regular basis. If your current schedule doesn't allow it, you need to shove
the start time for events until you *do* have a window. In my experience, a
fair percentage of heavily-used/heavily-abused TSM servers that fail to run
properly often do so because of incomplete expirations.