ADSM-L

Re: TDP for MS-SQL error on restore

2002-05-28 16:10:25
Subject: Re: TDP for MS-SQL error on restore
From: Edgardo Moso <edgardo_moso AT KINDREDHEALTHCARE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:09:22 -0400
Upgrade the TSM client to 4.1.3.11.   This what I did.

From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US> on 05/28/2002
03:59
      PM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

The TDP is 1.1.2
The TSM client is 4.1.0

>>> edgardo_moso AT KINDREDHEALTHCARE DOT COM 05/28/02 03:27PM >>>
I got the same error before and the problem is in the version o API. By the
way what's the version of TSM client?

From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM> on 05/28/2002 01:54 PM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

> "ANS1017E (RC-50) Session rejected: TCP/IP connections failure DB-LIB
message:
> Read on TDPSQL-sqladsm-2002150210-5370 failed, status=995.
> See SQL server error log for more details."
>
> SQL server error log shows the following:
> "BackupMedium::ReportIoError: read failure on backup device
'TDPSQL-sqladsm-2002150210-5370'.
> Operating system error 995(The I/O operation has been aborted because of
either a thread
> exit  or an application request.)."

Larry,

This sounds like the TSM Server (or TCP/IP in between) severed the
TCP/IP connection during the restore. Take a look at the
TSM Server activity log to see if it has any useful information.

The fastest way to get the problem resolved is to call IBM support
so they can look at the TSM Server and TDP for SQL logs to
find out why the connection was terminated.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.