ADSM-L

Re: schedule Client.Backup has missed its scheduled start up window

2002-05-28 13:48:15
Subject: Re: schedule Client.Backup has missed its scheduled start up window
From: Elenara Geraldo <eg.le AT LYCOS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 10:46:21 -0700
Hi,

Add the line below in the file /etc/inittab (of the servers 3, 4 and 6) and
restart the server.

tsm:2:once:/usr/bin/dsmc sched > /dev/null 2>&1 # TSM Scheduler

Them service for the scheduler becomes automatic.
Verify the service of scheduler, execute the command below:
Verify the service of scheduler, execute the command below:

# ps -ef | grep dsm

answer:

root 10836     1   0 14:26:12      -  0:00 /usr/bin/dsmc sched

Regards,
Elenara.

On Tue, 28 May 2002 18:21:56
 rachida elouaraini wrote:
>Hi all,
>I have six clients TSM :
>NodeName Platform
>Z1) BOUIBLANE AIX
>2) IBMCW AIX
>3) MICHLEFEN AIX
>4) OUKAIMDEN AIX
>5) ZPIONEER Linux86
>6) PATAM Sun Solaris (OS level : 5.8)
>
>ZTSM Client Version: Version 4, Release 1, Level 0.0
>
>And I have a schedule (Client.Backup) which run an
>incremental backup every day on the 6 nodes.
>For nodes 1, 2,...5, I don't have problems, but for the last
>one (PATAM), I get from time to time the messages :
>ANR2716E: schedule prompter was not able to contact client
>PATAM using type 1.
>
>ANR8214E : session open with 193.194.5.115 (PATAM) failed
>due to connection refusal.
>
>ANR2578W : Schedule Client.Backup in domain STANDARD for
>node PATAM has missed its scheduled start up window.
>
>When I look for the client scheduler (dsmc sched), I don't
>find it, the client scheduler doesn't run, and I don't know
>why it was stopped.
>Then I start the scheduler by the command :
> nohup dsmc sched 2> /dev/null &
>and let the window from which I run the command open.
>few days after, the scheduler is "killed" and no backup is
>done for my node PATAM.
>Thank you in advance
>Bonte aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com

Outgrown your current e-mail service?
Get a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access, No Ads and No Taglines with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.
http://login.mail.lycos.com/brandPage.shtml?pageId=plus