ADSM-L

Re: Backup retention period

2002-05-27 05:22:33
Subject: Re: Backup retention period
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 12:20:42 +0300
The backup would stay there undefinitely if the content does not change.
If it changes and a new backup is performed the copy you've just becomes
obsolete and according to copygroup settings will expire some day. To
ensure it would not be before three months have passed set
VEREXIST=NOLimit and RETExtra=92.
To become familiar with TSM (which is more evolved than competitive
products) I highly recommend you to have a look at nice redbook "Tivoli
Storage Management Concepts" - SG24-4877-02
(http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/). This would save you many headaches.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant