ADSM-L

Re: Linux Client on TSM

2002-05-24 17:11:37
Subject: Re: Linux Client on TSM
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 18:22:27 +0300
You problem can be solved if you (or Linux admin) update the system to
meet TSM client requirements. As per readme file:
Linux kernel 2.2.x                (for x=13 or higher)
or
Linux kernel 2.4.x                (for x=0 or higher)
glibc 2.1.x, 2.2                  (for x=2 or higher)
libstdc++ 2.9.x                   (for x=0 or higher)
X Windows System X11R6            (for end user GUI only)
RPM 3.0.x or 4.0                  (for x=0 or higher)
RH 7.0 conforms to these requirements and Tivoli made the tests using it
so is certified. But if RH 6.2 box meets the requirements it should run
v4.2 client without any problems.
This was discussed long time ago. Look in archives for thread "ANS4031E error -
TSM Client 4.2 and RH 7" on 23.08.2001

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant