ADSM-L

labeling 3590 volumes

2002-05-24 12:42:26
Subject: labeling 3590 volumes
From: "Jolliff, Dale" <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 11:40:34 -0500
Is there anyway to overwrite the header/label of a 3590 tape?

One of our ATLs had a problem with some 3590 drives and chewed up the header
records.
The assumption is that the tape is good, the header records are just bad.

I would restore the volumes from the copypools, but it just so happened that
the two volumes that got whacked were a primary and the copy of the primary
--
Anyway, I'm hoping there is a way to get TSM to overwrite the header records
Anyway, I'm hoping there is a way to get TSM to overwrite the header records

Anybody ever done that successfully?