ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading ver 4.1 to 4.2

2002-05-23 13:19:48
Subject: Re: Upgrading ver 4.1 to 4.2
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:18:03 -0400
You definitely don't need to do ALL patches in between, but you may need
some of them.  I realize that is a fuzzy answer, but Tivoli isn't always
consistent about it.  I think it depends on which pieces of the server code
are affected by each patch.

When you go to the FTP server to download the 4.2.1.9 patch, there is a
short README file in the directory.  Check that, it will tell you if there
are any pre-reqs.

For example, I just upgraded from 4.2.1.7 to 4.2.1.15 (AIX TSM), and the
README for 4.2.1.15 said I should install 4.2.1.13 at the same time, on top
of 4.2.1.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert