ADSM-L

Re: W2000 Bare Metal Restore

2002-05-23 11:22:36
Subject: Re: W2000 Bare Metal Restore
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:20:10 -0400
We have 400+ Win2k Pro desktops; we do a couple of bare-metal restores per
month.

It CAN be done, if you are careful.  I was unable to make it work with any
level of the TSM client below 4.2.0.

I posted the procedures I used at www.coderelief.com.
Click to go to the Scripts and Links Depot; click DISCUSS, then click TSM
scripts, then the discussion on Disaster Recover.

You can use my procedures as a STARTING POINT; you will need to do some
additional work to include recovery of a Win2K server, depending on what
services are in use.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert