ADSM-L

Re: Backup Migrated Chached files

2002-05-23 06:37:46
Subject: Re: Backup Migrated Chached files
From: Ran Harel <ranhl AT IEC.CO DOT IL>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:34:07 +0200
I am trying to back it up before, but I have oracle servers
that generates lots of archives all day long, sometimes during the
migration process, which means that the high threshold for migration
is still 10%. So some files get migrated before they have a chance of
getting backed up to the copypool. But still they stay on the cache...
I know, I will have to extend the diskpool.

The real problem here is not the backup time, but I had recently
some incidents, where the files had been backed up to the tape
volume, and then the backup failed becuase the tape
volume got damaged at the same area, and tsm could not read.

Anyway, Tnx.

Ran.