ADSM-L

Re: Incremental & full backups

2002-05-22 16:37:01
Subject: Re: Incremental & full backups
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 16:33:36 -0400
I agree with Rick.  If you're going to use TSM, start by reading the
"Concepts" manual so you understand it.  TSM is not a full plus
incremental backup system!  We know that's hard to believe, because
most of us have been there, but you won't be happy or effective with
TSM until you understand it's concepts well.  Once you do, perhaps with
some help from the folks on this mailing list, you'll be able to use
TSM to provide the protection you need.  Hope this helps, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                          ADSM AT Maine DOT edu
ADSM Technical Coordinator - UNET       University of Maine System