ADSM-L

Re: Incremental & full backups

2002-05-22 16:04:51
Subject: Re: Incremental & full backups
From: Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 16:00:56 -0400
The simplest way is to do full backups everyday and set your expiration to
7 days (Hopefully this will fit on 5 tapes).  Remember you should also
backup the DB from time to time!

Etienne

Hi Rick,

thanks for your answer but in our case we have 5 tapes that shall be
recycled every week...
Another question: What i've to create on the server to do incremental
backups and full backups for about a week retention?

>From: Rick Harderwijk <r.harderwijk AT FACTOTUM DOT NL>
>To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>Subject: Re: Incremental & full backups
>Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 20:52:06 +0200
>
>Jean-Baptiste,
>
>I have some rather good news for you: you only do a full backup once.
After