ADSM-L

Re: Backup second SQL instance

2002-05-22 12:54:38
Subject: Re: Backup second SQL instance
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 12:43:41 -0400
> I have two SQL server instances on one machine and want to backup both of
> them. In TDP GUI I see first instance only (OK, this is known feature).
> There is in TDP doc noted that it is possible backup databases of all
> instances, but I cannot get this. I have two management classes,
META_DATA
> for meta data backups, DATA_LOGY for backup databases and transaction
logs.

Tom,

Use the /SQLSERVER=instance-name option
to specify the instance to back up.
...where "instance-name" is the name of the
SQL Server instance to back up.

For example, for the GUI:

   tdpsql /SQLSERVER=instance-name

or for the command-line interface:

   tdpsqlc backup * full /SQLSERVER=instance-name

If you don't specify the option, it will
back up the default instance.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.