ADSM-L

Re: yes/no tape question

2002-05-22 12:13:04
Subject: Re: yes/no tape question
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:10:53 PDT
---------------------------- Top of message ----------------------------
>>--> 05-22-02  09:06  S.SHEPPARD     (SHS)    Re: yes/no tape question
>>--> 05-22-02  09:06  S.SHEPPARD     (SHS)    Re: yes/no tape question

The situation you describe is easily handled by correctly managing the
hardware and software definitions in OS/390 HCD.  Drives which are
defined on the hardware side but are not in service yet should not be
defined to the software side until they are ready for use, at which time
they can easily be added on the fly.  This prevents the problems you
describe with offline devices (reply Device name, Wait, or Cancel).

Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.
(858)-581-9668