ADSM-L

Ordering license upgrades

2002-05-17 15:35:36
Subject: Ordering license upgrades
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 15:35:10 -0400
We have a TSM 4.2.1.9 server running under OS/390. We are about to order
more client licenses. The last time we did this IBM and/or Tivoli required
us to tell them how the new licenses would be divided among different
platforms: how many for Windows NT, how many for AIX, and so on. The
charge per client license is the same regardless of operating system. The
'register license' command does not provide any means for distinguishing
between Windows NT licenses, AIX licenses, and so on. Why in the world
do we need to provide platform information in order to get more client
licenses?