ADSM-L

Re: Sloooow Novell Backups

2002-05-17 09:59:17
Subject: Re: Sloooow Novell Backups
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:59:22 -0400
How much of this data are you trying to send direct to tape? That's what it
looks like your includes are trying to do, and that will obviously be slower
that going to disk. Are you ftp'ing to disk but backing up to tape?

I think, to get all the objects (files and folders) in sys: and extravol1: to
your tape mgmt class you need the following:

include sys:*.* tape9940
include sys:* tape9940
include sys:\...\* tape9940
include sys:\...\*.* tape9940

and the same construct for the extravol1

--
Jim Kirkman
Jim Kirkman