ADSM-L

Re: Sloooow Novell Backups

2002-05-17 08:27:09
Subject: Re: Sloooow Novell Backups
From: "Firmes, Stephen" <Stephen.Firmes AT STORAGENETWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 08:26:53 -0400
I made the tcpip performance changes to the dsm.opt and I am still getting slow
transfer times.  I tested via ftp and was able to tranfer 40,000 files in a few
minutes.  So it appears that the TSM client is still not working.

here are the stats from my last selective backup:

Total number of objects inspected:      600
Total number of objects backed up:      600
Total number of objects updated:          0
Total number of objects rebound:          0
Total number of objects deleted:          0
Total number of objects expired:          0
Total number of objects failed:           0
Total number of bytes transferred:   230.73 KB
Data transfer time:                    0.00 sec
Network data transfer rate:            0.00 KB/sec
Aggregate data transfer rate:          0.21 KB/sec
Objects compressed by:                    0%
Elapsed processing time:           00:18:06

here is the new improved dsm.opt

COMMMETHOD              TCPip
TCPSERVERADDRESS        catamount
TCPPORT                 1500
tcpclientaddress        xxx.xx.x.xxx

txnbytelimit            25600
tcpbuffsize             32
tcpwindowsize           63

largecommbuffers                yes
processorutilization    15

MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP   no

NODENAME                  novell_test

INCLUDE sys:...\* tape9940
INCLUDE extravol1:...\* tape9940

EXCLUDE          sys:\system\secaudit.log
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\events.log
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\system.log
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\btrieve.trn
EXCLUDE          SYS:\system\tsa\err$hst.*
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\tsa\err$log.*
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\tsa\skip$log.*
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\tsa\tsa$temp.*
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\sys$log.err
EXCLUDE          sys:\_swap_.mem
EXCLUDE          sys:\vol$log.err
EXCLUDE          sys:\tts$log.err
NWPWFILE YES