ADSM-L

TSM Cient 4.2.1.20 + NT4 Cluster

2002-05-17 07:02:45
Subject: TSM Cient 4.2.1.20 + NT4 Cluster
From: Uwe Schreiber <Uwe.Schreiber AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 12:14:26 +0200
Hello,

i'am using TSM client version 4.2.1.20 for several NT4 SP6a and W2K
clusterd environments.
There is no problem with the functionality for backup/archive etc.

But during the scheduled backup for the disks of a cluster group resource
i receive the following
message within the according dsmerror.log file.

05/17/2002 00:52:32 GetFileShareInfo(): connectRegistry() for machine
SERVERName failed, rc=5. Registry will not be backed up. Error is ignored.

I'am receiving this message only in the NT4 clustered environments, and i
can't find this message on any of our W2K clusters using version 4.2.1.20.

Does someone know what is causing this message?

Or is this a message like "sessOpen: error 137 from signon
authentication"..... which can be ignored according to the readme ??

I'am using the following dsm.opt settings:

PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
TCPSERVERADDRESS <TSMServer-Name>
DOMAIN Q:
NODENAME <Virtual Node-Name for Cluster Group Resource>
CLUSTERNODE YES
ERRORLOGNAME Q:\ADSM\dsmerror.log
SCHEDLOGNAME Q:\ADSM\dsmsched.log
SCHEDLOGRETENTION 10