ADSM-L

Re: Expire inventory (or audit license) hangs migrations and back ups

2002-05-16 07:42:34
Subject: Re: Expire inventory (or audit license) hangs migrations and back ups
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:42:39 +0200
Hi Tom!
I have seen this too a few days ago on my AIX server, running TSM 4.2.2.0.
It looks like some kind of deadlock on a logpage. You will see that the
expire inventory is just hanging and that one of your backup sessions is
hanging too.
You don't have to recycle the server though. As soon as you cancel the
hanging client session, the expire inventory process continues.
I haven't seen an APAR or fix for it, but since Tivoli implemented a the
command SHOW LOGPINNED in 4.2.2.1 I think it's a known problem.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines