ADSM-L

Re: Tuning TSM

2002-05-16 06:51:48
Subject: Re: Tuning TSM
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:52:03 +0300
Have you tested what is the performance of FAStT 500 disks? Those were
mid-class disk storage originally designed for PC servers market and later
modified to be compatible with rs6k/pSeries.
Try some simple tests on the TSM server when quiet:
'date; dd if=/dev/zero of=/fastt_fs/test_file bs=262144 count=16384;
date' to test write speed. Use large file to simulate TSM heavy load.
'date; dd if=/fastt_fs/test_file of=/dev/null' to check read speed
Also check your Gb Ether - are you using Jumbo frames, have you enabled in
AIX 'no -o rfc1323=1', what are send&receive bufsizes, what is
TCPWindowsize of TSM server&client. Have you measured LAN&disk load during
backup?

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant