ADSM-L

Re: LInux dsmc client fails to find filesystems

2002-05-16 03:39:30
Subject: Re: LInux dsmc client fails to find filesystems
From: Hamish Marson <hamish AT TRAVELLINGKIWI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 08:39:45 +0100
Stackwick wrote:

Hamish Marson wrote:

Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM wrote:

Hi Marson!
You will have to use the 5.1 client. EXT3 is not supported by the 4.2

or 4.1

client.

Ah. Many thanks... I was believing the statement that it wouldn't stop
you tryng to backup other filesystem types in the docs... How many more
times must I beat myself for believing documentation...

[deleted]

Hi all.

I'm trying to get the tsm client to work on my laptop running standard
Kernel 2.4.17 (Not the mdk kernel), on a Mandrake 8.1 base, with ext3
filesystems, and dsmc just keeps saying either no domain, or invalid
filesystem... e.g.

[deleted]

Actually, I'm using the 4.2.1 client and ext3. Although the ext3
fielsystems don't show up in the
dsm gui, they *are* backed up. Make sure you have the
VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT parm in your opt.

Ah! That's the bit I was obviously missing... I didn't have
VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT set... Now I'm at 5.1 client anyway, and that's
working fine...

Thanks for the help

Hamish Marson.

--
I don't suffer from Insanity...         | Linux User #16396
I don't suffer from Insanity...         | Linux User #16396

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/          |