ADSM-L

Re: Tuning TSM

2002-05-15 22:26:42
Subject: Re: Tuning TSM
From: Ignacio Vidal <ividal AT BIYCSA.COM DOT AR>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 23:21:39 -0300
Lindsey:
I've been walking around once and again about networking configuration,
then with disk i/o performance, then with how is configurated on disk
the storage pool (if it was in raid 5, or in raid 1 or in raid 10...).

Those servers are connected through gigabit ethernet channels, and they
are offering from 50 to 75 MBytes/sec. I believe that throughput is very
low, but Tivoli's people (here) insisted in other factors (disk i/o,
configuration of raids, etc)

I'll try your reccomendation, I have not all neccesary values from our
switches now.
Thanks

Ignacio