ADSM-L

Re: BMR TSM restore of W2K client

2002-05-15 15:48:39
Subject: Re: BMR TSM restore of W2K client
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:48:55 -0500
The Redbook was written with 4.1.2 client as a reference so there may be a
few changes on your version:

To change the options mentioned, do so before you click the restore tab.

Later versions of the client no longer prompt (11b) when restoring the
system object.

I've noticed the system file protection messages a few times and ignored
them!

See MS Knowledge base article Q124550 regarding the missing or corrupt
ntoskrnl.exe.
(http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q124550)

This could happen if there are a different # of partitions or in different
order (check boot.ini to see if pointing to proper partition). I'm not
familiar with Dells - do they have a system partition - if so was it set up?

I've seen this on NT once where it failed to boot, we booted with an
external partition, ran a defrag and then it could boot - it might have been
explaned by method 3 in the ms article.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg