ADSM-L

How does Archiving and Backupsets work???

2002-05-15 15:05:50
Subject: How does Archiving and Backupsets work???
From: Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 15:03:59 -0400
When I archive a file space to ARCHIVEPOOL (a primary storage pool) I
can't change the status of the volume to OFFSITE.  Is there a way to
archive files spaces to tape and sent them out without keeping a copy on a
primary storage pool?

In other words I would like my archives to be sent directly to a tape that
will be going to the vault.  Is this possible?  Must I use a backupset to
do this?  I have created a backupset to try it out and I can't tell which
tapes is used with which backupset...  How or where can you track your
backupset volumes?

This is all I get when I query backupsets for the node in question:

Node Name
HAL
Backup Set Name
DOMHAL.502394
Server object ID for the client object
502394
Date/Time
2002-05-04 12:00:08.000000
Retention Period
365
Description
No Description
Device Class Name
LTOCLASSOFF

It doesn't tell me which volume it is on!!!

Thanks for the help,

Etienne Brodeur