ADSM-L

Re: Microsoft cluster server / TSM

2002-05-15 10:48:45
Subject: Re: Microsoft cluster server / TSM
From: "Wholey, Joseph (TGA\\MLOL)" <JWholey AT EXCHANGE.ML DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:49:03 -0400
Dave,

Thanks for your help yesterday.  Greatly appreciated.  All seemed to have gone
well... didn't test for failover as of yet (SA's had other things to do).  One
question if you don't mind...
It seems (according to the SA's) that after installing TSM and setting up all
of the services, the SA's are not able to move services from one machine to
another.  They end up having to reboot both
machines to free up the resources.  Is this anything that you've heard of
relating to TSM?  There is nothing that I see that indicates TSM is causing
this problem.  Moreover, I can't imagine how TSM
could be holding on to a resource and preventing it from moving.

Thanks again, Joe